The Carers Shopping Card
Our shopping cards can be issued to carers to enable them to have an easy, secure and convenient method of accessing small amounts of clients (service users) funds needed to purchase everyday items for the benefit of the person they are caring for. All shopping card accounts can be accessed and viewed (by carers, their managers, social workers and family members) 24/7 via a bespoke on-line login facility where card transactions can be viewed or exported into excel spreadsheet format for auditing purposes.
Who Can Obtain A Carers Shopping Card?
Our cards have been developed to better protect vulnerable people and make the lives of the carers supporting them more convenient, time effective and stress free. Here are just some examples of how our cards can be used by organisations that support people.
Charities that Help Older or Vulnerable People
- Our cards can be provided to home support employees or volunteers who provide shopping services to people.
- Carers benefit from instant access to 'shopping money' that is loaded onto their expense card.
- Clients will not need to worry about obtaining and then providing cash to carers.
- Clients receive monthly statements to show how and where their money has been spent.
- Carers save time as they can perform shopping tasks without having to obtain 'cash' from their client beforehand.
Local Authorities and Primary Care Trusts (PCT's)
- Social workers, support workers or care managers can be provided with an expense card to support access to cash or shopping for community based clients.
- Clients and/or the Local Authority can receive monthly statements showing how funds have been used.
- Our cards offer great support to safeguarding teams, substance misuse teams and other teams that help vulnerable adults.
Care Providers / Domiciliary Care Agencies
- Care providers can provide their employees with a carers expense card as a more secure option to handling service users cash.
- Our carers cards make shopping tasks easier for professional carers. They allow more time, options and flexibility for purchasing everyday items for clients.
- The Money Carer Foundation provides in-house support to care providers (card balance information, reporting, a flexible and 'can do' approach to everyday problem solving).
- Monthly card usage and other ad hoc reports as required.
Secure and Simple To Use
Our carers shopping cards are becoming very popular as they are easy to use. The team at The Money Carer Foundation are able to 'top up' the cards instantly with our clients own funds that can then be used and accessed in the same way as any other MasterCard facility. The carers shopping card enables carers to pay for day to day items such as food and other sundry purchases in retail outlets in just the same way they might use their own credit or debit cards.
This makes life more simple for the carer as they are not having to pick up cash from the service users place of residence or other cash collection mechanism that may be in place. This flexibility can free up valuable time for carers and also brings the purchases they make on behalf of our clients into the card audit trail quickly.
Contact Us To See How We Can Help
For more information about the Carers Shopping Card and our other daily money management services please contact us and we will be happy to assist.
The ALTO MasterCard® prepaid card is brought to you by Unity Trust Bank, one of the leading banks for charities, social enterprises and credit unions, and its partners CorporatePay and Newcastle Building Society. Unity Trust Bank plc is registered in England and Wales no. 1713124. Registered office: Nine Brindleyplace, Birmingham B1 2HB. FSA Registration no. 204570.
MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. The ALTO card is issued by Newcastle Building Society (“NBS”) pursuant to licence by MasterCard International Incorporated. NBS is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority as an issuer of e-money (registration no. 156058).