26 April 2023 Money Carer
Appointeeship, Deputyship, Carer Cards, Power of Attorney Deputyship - FAQ's

Yes, a social worker can recommend a deputy for property and finances in certain circumstances. Social services may become involved in a person’s affairs if they are vulnerable or at risk of harm and do not have anyone to act on their behalf.

If social services identify that a person is unable to manage their own finances and property, they may make an application to the Court of Protection for the appointment of a deputy. Social services can also provide information to the court about suitable individuals or professionals who may be suitable to act as a deputy for property and finances.

However, it is important to note that the final decision on who to appoint as a deputy will be made by the court after considering all the evidence and taking into account the person’s best interests. The court will also consider any recommendations made by social services and other relevant parties before making a decision on who to appoint as a deputy.

Tags: councils, court of protection, deputyship, mca 2005, social worker
Did you find this FAQ helpful?
Thumbs Up Icon 0
Thumbs Down Icon 0
Quick Links