25 April 2023 Money Carer
Appointeeship, Deputyship, Carer Cards, Power of Attorney Appointeeship - FAQ's

If a person is living in supported housing, a care or nursing home and is receiving welfare benefits and a social care package and the are incapable of managing their own finances, they may need a corporate appointee to help to manage their welfare benefit payments and legal responsibilities.

A Corporate Appointee is an organisation, such as The Money Carer Foundation, that is authorised by the Department of Work and Pensions to manage a vulnerable person’s benefits and to act in their best interest and free from any conflict of interest.

A Corporate Appointee is usually appropriate when no identifiable, or suitable, relatives or close friends can be approached.


Tags: questions, video-explainers
Did you find this FAQ helpful?
Thumbs Up Icon 0
Thumbs Down Icon 0
Quick Links